Lead Child Care Provider / Teacher
Full time, Part time
As a Kribs2Kids Teacher, one must lead by example and maintain a high level of professionalism. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the positive development both with education and social-emotional growth of all children in their care which may include infants, toddlers, preschool, and/or school-aged children.
Starting pay is $9.00 and negotiable depending on experience.
• High school diploma or GED
• 2 years Early Childhood Education
• 2 years childcare experience
• 18+ yrs old
• Negative TB Skin Test
• Early Child Development knowledge and experience.
• Good communication, problem-solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude /disposition.
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities.
• Ability to make decisions on behalf of children and protect their well-being.
• Must be able to manage confidential information.
• Each employee must at all times be emotionally stable and able to function effectively with children, adolescents, and adults who may have mental or behavioral health problems. The staff must be able to demonstrate appropriate daily behavior, appropriate expression of emotions, as well as appropriate role modeling. Hostility, aggression and unnecessary or inappropriate physical actions, as well as inappropriate emotional expression, are not acceptable.
• Parent Communication: Teachers are responsible for completing Morning Health Checks (MHC) as children arrive and discuss with the parent if anything in MHC is abnormal. Ensure Daily Reports are sent home with each child and filed away.
• Confidentiality: Keep all center/children/family records and/or information about center/children/families confidential. This includes accidents/incidents/behavior that day.
• State Regulations: Ensure that you are compliant with State Regulations.
• Child Safety: Ensure that accidents/incidents that occur in classroom, center, outside center, on field trips, during transportation are documented and parents are contacted and receive a copy. Ensure your classroom and outdoor first aid kits are compliant with expected items.
• Food Service: Ensure the functioning and monitoring of food services and nutrition in and outside the classroom. Ensure your classroom is clean and free of debris along with tables cleaned. Children and staff hands washed. Conduct activities to transition and keep children prepared for meal service. Ensure that you are eating with your children and discussing the meal and other developmentally appropriate conversations.
• Walk frequently and step up/down in/out van; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; use good communication and listening skills.
• Often required to stand and sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat or crawl.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds and in case of emergency a 40-pound child.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.